Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Crew:The Rock, Desertbound, Panguitch Joe, Tristano, Cindy, Nicoletta, Baby Jane
McKay, Michex, Mayflower, Scout & Haley in the very front!


The Mission: Hike to Coyote Gulch via Crack in the Wall - camp, play, eat, drink, explore, ponder, nap, filter, shoot, bathe, crawl, laugh, wade, jump, talk, sing, bless, bond, hold onto & let go.



Highlights:

- Stopping at the Bremner's house in Panguitch.

- Perfect weather.

- Having Jane & Haley along.

- Marveling at Tristano & Nicoletta's energy, enthusiasm & innovation with the diaper drying:)


- McKay & Mayflower always getting along and enjoying each other's company as they played in the sand and in the stream.

- Being with best friends.

- Watching The Rock, Joe and Scout take the "plunge" off the rock into the Escalante river.



- Enjoying Scout & Michex's company as we explored hidden waterfalls and sunbathed on the rock.






Oh, what a bummer!
- Mayflower running a fever, headache, sore throat & tummy ache on day 2.
- The Rock completely breaking off a crowned tooth on day 2.
- Missing Shematite :(
Now, back to highlights!
- McKay's excitement when he was told he had to bring his headlamp...


- Hiking/running to Steven's Arch before darkness set in...
- Hiking back to camp in the dark with our headlamps:)
- Cindy & Scout making 2 trips up the sand hill (one came back to carry Haley, the other to carry Mayflower's backpack). Wow.



- Sunrise
(Notice in the above picture, the streambed has eroded down about 12 ft since I was here last in 2004.)

- Sunset
- Moonrise :)
- Croaking Frogs.
- Mayflower hearing, then seeing the rattlesnake on the trail and giving a nice calm warning-really. We watched it drag it's lunch (dead mouse) into the bushes.

- Being reminded how strong my family is.


- Looking forward to our next expedition.

7 comments:

Desertbound said...

Editor's Note: To Sayyadina & Dreampacker - Sorry your comments accidentally got deleted! Please post them again. I had my live-in computer tech girl (Shematite) edit this post in html so that the pictures could be enlarged. I have much to learn:) But now, enjoy the large pictures! DB

Pulcheria said...

It sounds like an awesome trip - with AMAZING pictures.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Tears, not all of joy. I miss you guys. I miss Escalante. I miss the adventure. The combination of all three, knowing I'm over a thousand miles away is very difficult to take. All the same, I don't begrudge you guys one iota of the wonder and fun you had. I'm grateful to know you and love you.

...I'm also grateful for non-fever and intact dental work. ;)

CowboyBob said...

Grand adventure in the Grand Staircase. Your synopsis summarizes the worth of such things, beautifully.Thanks.

horsesaytheresay said...

What wonderful memories these pictures bring to mind... I'm going to get my dvd out and watch our coyote trip. Was our choir still echoing around the canyon walls? Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures with such calming music, my spirit is experiencing happiness...

Canyonsrcool said...

Bring it on!
Thanks for fun memories and adventure!

Sheri said...

You are so amazing! I love seeing the beautiful places you go and living it through your writing! someday... hopefully sooner than later... I'll have my own to post! You inspire me as always!
Love ya cous!