Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sometimes the stars align

Sometimes the stars align perfectly and I am blessed with an indesribable outdoor adventure. Photos never can do the Grand Canyon the justice it deserves but I am posting them anyway.
Blessed with misty rain, we made our descent into the canyon from the North Kaibab trailhead and emerged about 13 1/2 hours later, having crossed over the Colorado River and through Indian Gardens to the South Rim. We even made a quick side trip to Ribbon falls. Worth it. Thinking of doing it again...;)

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh Grand Canyon of my life, you are so lovely. :)
It is a magical place. Glad you traversed safely and happily. What a journey it is!

DreamPacker said...

Yes, it is a magical place. Loved the few hours we spent in it. Your photos are amazing, spectacular and no, they don't do it justice, but since I was there in the mist, I can remember....I can summon that wonderful smell of wet canyon...and mules.

Canyonsrcool said...

Awesome. What else can I say?

Julie said...

What an amazing experience. We live in such a beautiful world! How can anyone doubt there is a loving Heavenly Father when there is evidence like that?!

Muad'Dib said...

Sweet clouds, eh? I think you mislabeled the one "near the end," there were still smiles in it. Must've been earlier in hike.

Pulcheria said...

Awesome. Glad you had such a great trip. Maybe next time...

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Looks too awesome! Happy day. Keep us in the loop (again) on your next adventure plans.