Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good Grief!




Good grief! It's been a month since I posted. We had a beautiful Christmas with the highlights being visits from Scout and Mom & Dad Snowbird, cousin Kelsey's Temple wedding and the New Year festivities with the Watts and Nelson families. Loved it all!
Which means, now that it's January, and the outside-ness that I see every day is either very dark or very smoggy, I have resorted to viewing my DVD collection of Happy Places and getting my exercise by challenging the Rock, Michex, Mayflower or Shematite to a dance- off on DDR. So, that is what's happening in my neck of the woods. If only I were in the actual woods...


And! The girls gave me the most fascinating book for Christmas! A true must-read.
Three Cups of Tea
I would love to write a review, but this book left me truly wide-eyed and speechless. Upon finishing it, I immediately got on Google Earth to see the images of K2, the Karakoram, Pakistan, the Baltoro Glacier and the village of Korphe for myself. The photos of the Hushe valley are stunningly beautiful. I now want to go to Pakistan. Go figure.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to read that book now. Darling wedding photos. Such cute cousins.

Canyonsrcool said...

My interest is perked for that book. Have you read Ed Viestur's No Shortcuts to the Top? The guy is insane.

CowboyBob said...

I'm looking for the book, too.