Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Spiritual Revival in my Heart"

I was reminded today, as I had the privilege of singing with my sister Bethany at her sweet friend Stacy's funeral, that music has a special power to comfort and heal hearts. Best friends do the same thing:) Sweet Stacy's husband said to us with love and tears of hope and healing in his eyes that, "that was the most beautiful song I have ever heard. It was like a spiritual revival in my heart."
YES - The plan of happiness is in place, the atonement is accomplished, the resurrection is assured. Thank you Stacy for the beautiful example of friendship and love.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I agree. Music definately has a special power. I am sure that you and Bethany brought comfort and hope for the eternities through the spirit of your music.

Sheri said...

Ditto what Julie said! I always find a special peace through music! It speaks to my soul as nothing else can! Would love to hear the song!

DreamPacker said...

Amen. I was there and watched him as he listened and grabbed for the tissues. Many, many in the audience were wiping tears, including me. It was so amazingly wonderful to listen to my two daughters sing and the other play...we missed T. But, it was great to have the two sisters "shine" who don't usually get the spotlight.

CowboyBob said...

The musical gift offered came from the heart, whether by keyboard or voice. It is the heart, the love, with which it was offered that opened the door for the Spirit that came. It touched all of us.