Sunday, July 22, 2007

Laser Ablation

Well, here I am with my foot propped up catching up on reading blogs. I had a minor surgical procedure Thursday and elevation of my healing appendage feels good. Having been afflicted with 4 pregancies and bad genes, I finally grew tired of the pain and swelling of my vericose veins and sought a reasonable solution. Veinous Laser Ablation has so far successfully closed off my greater saphenous vein in my left leg from the knee up and hopefully all the "branches" below the knee will soon shrivel and close as well. A follow-up ultrasound tomorrow will help me and my doctors see how things are going. I had my first ever IV (perfectly placed and painless until the nurse ripped off the tape when I was done - ow!), some injections for local anesthesia all along my thigh and a tiny catheter threaded into a small incision below my knee, into my vein, containing a laser that closed off the vein as the doctor slowly pulled it back out. All of this was mapped out as they went with an ultrasound. No stitches, just steri-strips. Cool stuff. Hopefully the yucky leg contusion ( see picture on Buckskin post - June ) I had from my Buckskin Gulch incident won't happen so easily from now on.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Way cool. Your sexy legs will be even more so.

CowboyBob said...

Wishing you fast healing.