Sunday, July 8, 2007

Timp/Aspen Grove Trail 2007


I got home from work Thursday, threw some hiking clothes on, grabbed my Camelback, food etc., kissed the girlies goodbye, jumped in the car with my honey, the Rock and headed south to hike Timp with Canyonsrcool, Beth and Coporado. We decided to hike from the Aspen Grove trailhead so I was very excited to see new scenery and hike a new trail. Last week, the Rock suffered a foot injury while jumping into a Zion plunge pool, so I am grateful he decided to come in spite of it. We started hiking just after 6:30 am on Friday and reached Emerald lake in 4 hours. Our 3 companions went on to conquer the peak while Rock and I relaxed in the sunshine at the Lake. I dipped my feet in the glacial water to rinse off all the trail dust. Whooooooeeeeeh! It was so painfully cold! I had watched Canyonsrcool jump in just a few minutes before and I couldn't believe he did that! It must be how he conditions himself to do Subway in October without a wetsuit... All in all, a great hike with outstanding scenery, wildflowers, waterfalls and wildlife (we saw a mama moose and her baby). Lots of "Happy Places" to store away for future reference when needed. These first 2 pictures are obviously of the same waterfall. The first shot was taken in the morning light on the way up the trail, the second was on the way down in the afternoon. Coporado, Beth and Canyonsrcool (below pic).Beth (above) me holding onto my hat (below). Side note to self - brimmed hats cut off peripheral vision lending to the tendency to clock your head on the same tree going up the trail and coming down.

Coporado recharging.








Timp has always been one of my Happy Places.

8 comments:

Muad'Dib said...

Sweet perspective on the wildflowers!

Canyonsrcool said...

Nice pics, definately want copies . . .

WildBound said...

Those pics are absolutely gorgeous! It's cool to see new views of Timp.

DreamPacker said...

Your beautiful pics bring back good memories. Loved 'em.

CowboyBob said...

Ditto Dreampacker. We both climbed that trail for the first time at 8 years of age. Loved the pics.

Sayyadina said...

Echo of all the wildflower pic praise. Is it sad that I don't remember the hike being that pretty? Maybe I was watching my feet too much. I'd like copies of these, too.

Desertbound said...

Thanks everyone! I will email some flower shots or whatever.

Wildman said...

I truly am jealous of such an experience. It has been a long time since I traversed such a beautiful geological feature.