Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Behunin Canyon ~ Zion


Wow- what an amazing adventure this canyon is. Thanks to my brother Tristano and his wife Nicoletta for doing so much reconnaissance at the peril of their health, warmth and calf/quad muscles. I'm utterly speechless and really don't know what to write. Over 4 miles up the West Rim, 9 rappels down to a breathtaking view of Emerald Pools and Zion Lodge and so many memories. Joe, this is definitely not our last canyon.
Tristano - Gosh, Nicoletta, get some skills!
Indy (to Desertbound while looking at a crack to down climb) - Oh dear, what should I do here, DB?
DB - You could squat.
Indy - That's right! I have squatting skills!

And just a side note - Nicoletta did a great job at expressing herself.

6 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Awesome! Looks beautiful and incredibly fun. I'm so jealous (all I did today was spend nine hours in the university library.) I'm also glad to see that Dotty is still going strong, post-surgery.

WildBound said...

HA! "Here's your sign..." Love it. Sign of natural selection?

Canyonsrcool said...

Very nice. I like your pictures. I'm glad you guys had fun. It really is quite the canyon. I was happy to share in the adventure.

DreamPacker said...

I love the pics. Makes me so want to take rappelling lessons. What a great adventure.

Pulcheria said...

Wow! What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing when we are too far away to partake!

Bethany said...

Very nice. "squatting skills" and "Expressing herself"
Sounds like a true adventure.