Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tooting Scout's Horn


Nearly 4 years of vocal training.
Started learning her song for tryouts back in August.
I started trying to order a copy of said Italian songbook back in November. It finally came 10 days ago.
What's the payoff?
When Scout was in 9th grade watching the Weber High School Chamber Quire perform at a concert, she leaned over to me and whispered, "I want to do that."

She did it.

This coming Friday - the 26th, she is leading a ladies double quartet at State Solo & Ensemble. (This picture is her group at Region Solo & Ensemble waiting for the judges to tell them to go ahead and start singing.)
For her spring vocal recital, she and her friend Megan are singing "The Flower Duet" from Lakme'.

7 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

So, so, so dang cool!! I'm super-pleased!

Canyonsrcool said...

Wow

WildBound said...

Yeah, Scout! You go girl!

CowboyBob said...

Congratulations, Scout! Is the contest Friday during the day, or evening? I'd love to hear you. Especially I want to hear the Lakme number. Please inform us.

Sayyadina said...

Holy I just started crying. So proud of you, Scout! Go DB as a super supportive mom. Wow. I'm so allergic to this story. Maybe the backround music is playing it's part . . .

Muad'Dib said...

Awesome! That makes five of our bloodline in a row. Of course, the competition is much greater for girls....

Sheri said...

That is awesome! It is a huge accomplishment especially in todays world of competition! Way to go!