Sunday, August 10, 2008

With my total lack of consistent scripture study, this passage in James had to be suggested to me as study material by a rather strange source. Yes, my chiropractor. Yea, Dr. Meeks! Thank you. It is changing me.

James 1:2-4


"...count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations (JST= many afflictions); knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."

Isn't it interesting to read that we are to find joy in our afflictions.

I was also taught/reminded that some challenges are meant for us to overcome and some challenges are meant for us to endure. Hmmm. Isn't that interesting.

So here I am, "patiently" sitting here in the refiner's fire. Boy! Sure is hot!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Heather, thanks for the reminder of finding joy in afflictions and that some challenges are for overcoming and some are for enduring. I love that your chiropractor is the one to give you the scripture. God works in mysterious but great ways!

Sheri said...

You are an inspiration to me... Thanks for sharing yours! I think that scripture is meant for me right now a well!

CowboyBob said...

A quote I learned once: "Pain happens, suffering is a decision." Sometimes this fits me. I haven't been without pain since around 1998 -99. But most of the time it doesn't matter.
When I got tired of it all, and complained to Dad, once. He laughed, threw his arm around my shoulders, and said, "Bob, we didn't come here for a vacation."
Pain is an enigma I have yet to understand very well.

CowboyBob said...

Love ya.

Bethany said...

Oh Fae! I watched you maneuver an inflatable kayak on the Colorado thru a yucky long cold storm. You didn't complain and didn't try to get someone to do it for you. Most of us just rode the raft. You were a hypothermic trooper.
More like a super trooper!

"Super Trouper beams
Are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue
Like I always do
Cause somewhere in
The crowd, there's you"


or this one,
"Chiquitita, you and I know
How the heartaches come and they go
And the scars they're leaving
You'll be dancing once again
And the pain will end
You will have no time for grieving

Chiquitita, you and I cry
But the sun is still in the sky
And shining above you
Let me hear you sing once more
Like you did before
Sing a new song, Chiquitita"


Life lessons courtesy of ABBA.
Hee hee
:) Love you.

Desertbound said...

Haha! love it, Beth. Thanks:)

WildBound said...

Wow, I didn't know those were the words to those songs....I'm not sure what words I've been singing all these years...yes, great lessons, from ABBA...:)