Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Singer Within

Found this quote in a book I finished recently titled Message From Forever by the same author that wrote Mutant Message Down Under. I kind of liked it because I am constantly telling the Young Women and Young Men in my ward not to be afraid that someone might actually hear them sing! I think the next time I am teaching them a new song I will have to share it with them:) Here goes.

"Everyone is musical. Music is a part of our own earthly assignment. If you don't sing because you don't think you can sing, that does not diminish the singer within you. You simply do not honor your talent."

Ready. Set. Ponder.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Perfect. Thanks. Soumds like a new must-read.

Sayyadina said...

I read that book when I was a senior in High School. And that very quote was the one that clarified the difference between good pride and bad pride for me. Thanks for reminding me!

Julie said...

What a great quote! I had a choir teacher that told us to sing out if we hit a wrong note at least we would hear it and know how to correct it. If your going to make a mistake, make it loud.

Allan Stellar said...

Just passing through...but wanted to commend you on the blog! Love the photos. Love the quotes on the side. It's not often I come across an LDSer who loves Eddy Abbey. Will wonders never cease?

Cheers!

Taunya said...

You always seem to capture the beautiful things in life. Wow.

PS. I'm no singer but tomorrow in Church I will sing with gusto!

PSS. Jt loves all the "weird" music on your blog. He also loves your waterfall picture - he says you & ROCK have the life! He also loves ... YOU!

Little T.

Sheri said...

Great Quote! I think that is so true and why music touches everyone!

CowboyBob said...

Agreed!

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Nice