Sunday, March 14, 2010

Time for a change.

I have a confession to make.
I loooove Daylight Savings Time!
Yes. I love "losing" an hour! I will gladly give up that hour over and over again in order to have more daylight in the evenings.
I remember as a kid, growing up in Morgan, on summer evenings running from one end of the backyard to the other just as the sun was setting, feeling the warmth on my face, smelling the fresh cut grass and feeling sheer JOY. We would play No Bears Are Out Tonight and have hoppity horse races. All this after 9:00 pm! Sigh...
Next confession.
I love the smell of sunshine. You know what I mean. When the kids come in from playing outside on the first warm day of Spring, you give them a big hug, take a deep breath in, and....Heaven!
So for me - DST must come in order for the smelling of a little bit of Heaven.
It's been a long cold winter. I'm looking forward to puttering around in my yard, playing in the dirt and planting flowers after working at a computer for 10 hours a day. And with the time change, it will actually be light enough after dinner to do just that! Oh! And go for a trail run, too!

But, enough of that. Here's what's going on around here.
Rock - School, Driver's Ed, Master's class, gave up daily Dr. Peppers in exchange for green tea.
Shematite - Has gotten proposed to 9 times, married 18 times and has not even been courted! Go see the play! She's amazing!
Scout - Dixie State college RA, show choir is going to CHINA in May and she will be a summer camp counselor at KAMP KOHUT in Maine starting June 8th as a rock climbing instructor and art instructor.
Michex - performed in AIDA @ WHS - simply AMAZING! Recruiting and practicing for the Youth Spectacular in July, looking forward to Graduation May 25th.
Mayflower - Youth Council at school. Planning her 12th Birthday party, tumbling, voice lessons, piano lessons and READING like crazy.

Here are some photos of Michex going to the Sweetheart's Dance in February, which was girl's choice, and the Junior Prom last night. Fun stuff.








6 comments:

Julie said...

I guess I will have to repent of my dislike of DST. I hate losing that hour of sleep. But I do love the extra hour of sunlight! :)

DreamPacker said...

I love the daylight savings time, but just wish they would keep it ALL year long and not messing with changing it back and forth.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

I'm totally with DreamPacker on this. Love the long evenings - hate the time-change. Oh well.

Thanks for the thoughts, updates, and those glorious pics!

Canyonsrcool said...

I'll go on a trail run with ya . . .

CowboyBob said...

Evenings, mornings, love them both.

horsesaytheresay said...

Well Heather, You did it again . . . warmed the cockles of my heart with your words . . .but what hasn't your wonderful family not done for our family . . .delightful musicals, fun holiday party, and MR. Driver Eds help he's given to our soon to be on the road daughter ;o/
It's nice to slow done and read your words again and again . . so comforting and mind opening I just can't help but Love you so...and thank the Lord he let our paths cross :o)