Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tony Grove/White Pine Trail


So while my hunny was traveling home from the land of Standing Rocks, Slots, Rapps and Pots (a.k.a. Zion National Park) I took the girlies to Tony Grove to hike up to White Pine Lake. Due to a communication mishap between me and Shematite concerning her work schedule, we turned around before getting to White Pine Lake, but had a wonderful time enjoying the cool mountain breeze, meadows of wild flowers, delicious forest smell and a foot dip in Tony Grove Lake nonetheless.
After hiking almost an hour in brand new hiking shoes, Mayflower opted for blister free and barefoot.
Shematite threw all her goodies into one baggie. The chocolate peanut butter cups melted all over everything. She now calls it "ULTIMATE GORP" and is quite convinced that it was heaven sent. I tried some and had to agree.
Indian paintbrush.
Mayflower

The best lunch spot right by the lake. Great fun, girlies. Thanks for going with me!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Love all the girlies hiking. Great photos. They may outhike all of us on Timp next week.

Sayyadina said...

Ultimate GORP? What's in it and where can I get some? I love your girls!!!!

TheRock said...

MAn...I'm off on an adventure and my wife trumps me with a great time with the girlies.

Desertbound said...

You'll have to ask Shematite for the exact recipe. I'm sure she'll share.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Oh, what fun. I love that trail - the tangle of wildflowers. I know Wildbound has talked about hiking it for a while, now. Maybe I'll try to wrangle a trip before I abandon ship.

CowboyBob said...

I have to admire a mom who takes her girls hiking.