Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Vines from Strong Roots ~ 2009

Well...we did it! Thanks to everyone for being so willing to help and accept assignments. I loved watching everyone play, craft, tube, rappel, hike, sing and eat together! I was constantly torn between taking photos of the fun and having fun myself. I think I did lots of both! Thanks again, everyone, for your love and support. As for the tune you hear playing on my play list, it is the song that I remember Grandpa Lee singing whenever we were outside together. I'll never forget his big booming bass voice singing the chorus of " Boom-de-ya-da's"! So, Grandpa(and Grandma!), this is for you.

I will always remember...

Kira giving up on changing Izaac's clothes. I am not sure who was happier after that - Kira or Izaac...

Michaela and Summer getting dumped down the waterfall in the river. Expert tube and child handling followed, because Michaela kept ahold of both of them! Whoohoo!

Marshmallow War - Hey! Who's eating all the ammo!?!

KICKBALL!

Greg & Sheri's yummy pulled pork sandwhiches from the Texas Pride BBQ. And peach cobbler!

Boom crash! The lightening flashed! Oh, that's another story...

Guitar serenades by Ty and Bethany...sigh:)

Cooling off in the river...with River!

Zach getting dumped down the dang waterfall and coming up missing a flip-flop but still smiling!

Yummy Breakfast cooked by Grandpa and Grandma:)

Samantha, Joziah, Chelsea and Emily doing their first RAPPEL! You guys Rock!

Hanging out with and getting to know better...John & Kristine and their families!

Please comment your favorite things, too! And if you saw/heard something funny/cute/memorable that I missed, please feel free to share it. As for me...pictures really are worth a thousand words ~ so...

Here are some tubing pictures:)









And some hiking pictures:) The Skull Crack trail around the south end of Causey is 2.3 miles one way. Beautiful views of the reservoir! Would be great in the fall with lots of leaf color, too!








Southfork cave rappelling! Yea!








Just having fun!









And finally... the Faces of Family!









Love you all!

6 comments:

CowboyBob said...

What fun memories created. Thanks for bringing them back so beautifully. And where did you find Dad's song? I cried, dadgummit!

Pulcheria said...

It looks like a fabulous event! You got some great pictures.

Bethany said...

Your photos are beautiful!!!! I only took a few photos. I need copies. Thanks for everything. Love ya.

WildBound said...

Oh, so sweet. I'm so glad you have such an awesome camera to capture such great memories!

Julie said...

It looks like you had so much fun! Wish we could have been there. We really need to have a big family reunion! Get on that will ya? :)

Canyonsrcool said...

Enjoyed it all. Fun pics!