Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall is flying by...

Fall is flying by. My Rock is working 12-14 hour days. I usually work 9-10 hours a day and so it seems we must cram all of our REAL life (work is not real life even though we enjoy it) into our weekends.
Last Saturday we enjoyed going to the Salt Lake Tabernacle and seeing Michex perform with the ALL STATE choir. WOW! 700 elite high school choir kids sure did raise that roof! It was incredible! She is also very busy every night with play practice.
And...it was really fun taking pictures of JT & Fam last Sunday.

My new calling in the RS presidency keeps me hopping. I am the 2nd counselor (over the activities) and am really enjoying getting to know all the ladies in my ward:)
At church volleyball this morning, my sweet neighbor Debbie offered to let us come over and pick apples and press them into juice. Couldn't pass that one up, so we, Michex, Dallin, Kyle, Mayflower, Rock and I, spent a couple hours picking and a couple hours pressing this afternoon. Scout and Karli are here for the weekend and they gave the crank a turn or two also. Joel & Debbie even grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for us:) Thanks so much! What a perfect, fall day!


But this, of course, led to securing a way to store the apples & juice....Enter my new (well, not really new - but at least it was free from Rock's sister!) upright freezer! Yea! And dehydrator! Double yea! Now I just need Wildbound's apple pie filling recipe...:)
Well, I would love to post more pictures and write more stuff, but it's 10:30 pm, my brain is mush, I have lost my momentum sitting here at the computer and the Utes are up by 13 with just the 4th quarter to go, so I think I am going to bed. Sigh....

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Life is busy, highness. :)
Looks like fun though.

Sheri said...

I think that sounds like a perfect Fall day!!

Taunya said...

Thanks for fitting us into your busy schedule.
We have loved browsing through the family pictures.
Thanks for capturing my kids while they are still "little".
Jt and I often say, "We don't take enough photographs of our kids."
We appreciate you, your time, and your true talent. Love you! T.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

What a season, what a day!