Sunday, October 7, 2007

Yummy Autumn



So. What does one do 3 rainy, yucky, snowy Saturdays in a row? Certainly an attempt was made to clean the house. And parts of it are cleaner. But to have all the house all clean all at once seems to be a goal that is slightly out of reach for a mom that can't yell to the kids to "come back". You all know what I mean. They go and do a job or put something away like you asked them to and then they don't come back. They disappear. Ah, but I digress. What did we do? BAKED! Mayflower made the dough all by herself, with only one slight measuring mishap, Michex and I made the frosting and we all had fun! Cousins Lemur and Rivulet got into the action last night, too. Making sugar cookies is a favorite memory I have with my Mom. Yum.

7 comments:

Panguitch Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Panguitch Joe said...

Hey, we're all here together reading your blog. It's so cool. We enjoyed the autumn piece. We, Happy Hat, Taters, Tot, and me love you.

WildBound said...

Oh, so fun! I miss you guys!

CowboyBob said...

Grandpa's retain a special soft spot for sugar cookies made by grandkids. It is in the class of "one of life's rewards."

Brittany Roring said...

cookies should always win out over cleaning. (although i admit my mom would disagree as well) I love you guys and miss you a ton.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

I'm still giggling about the "They go and do a job or put something away like you asked them to and then they don't come back. They disappear" line. Oh, so reminds me of me. :) I weep for my future!

Yummy looking cookies, but super scrumptious looking kidlets! Some parents have all the luck, genetically speaking. (Glad I'm one of them -hehe!)

Bethany said...

Love making sugar cookies! Wish we were doing that with you. Looks like fun.