Sunday, October 28, 2007

Learning


Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to DANCE IN THE RAIN
.

I love this picture of Shematite. This was our front yard in Panguitch (2001?)during a torrential August downpour. She went outside to dance in the rain like my girls always do. They are a great example to me. I came across the saying written above recently and really liked it.

It reminds me to relax in the effort, have fun in the adventure, feel the intensity and appreciate what the rain actually does.

8 comments:

WildBound said...

Amen. Beautiful. I am also reminded to live in the moment, because its really all you have.

Canyonsrcool said...

Elder Bednar gave a talk in our stake conference last year, and it was all on "Now" moments. Good stuff.

CowboyBob said...

Your insights expressed here are profound, me thinks. Many there are who never learn this. Makes this one proud of his offspring.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Awesome picture: a perfect compliment to the thought(s) of your post.

"If the thunder-cloud passes rain,
So let it rain! Let it rain,
Rain on him."
-U2 "MLK"

Bethany said...

I think Shematite may always be a rain dancer. It is in her nature. Maybe she learned it from her mama.

Sayyadina said...

Thanks and AMEN.

Wildman said...

Amen. Am I "Running to stand still? Why not just stand still?

Shematite said...

Wow! I love the insights. And that picture always makes me think of myself as Stargirl, running out to dance in the rain. My friend Liybie was talking about how she wants to take a lacy table cloth and flowers in a vase around to all her classes. Live in the NOW!